Ahhh... vacation!  That is what I was thinking when Mark and I decided to take a vaca this summer.  We would fly to our destination with the kids in tow and then have a relaxing time for three full days.  Now, if only the flights would go seamlessly.  Mark and I thought we would try and find someone with a travel DVD player for the flight, but then we decided to go "old-school."  You know, two kids with lots of energy pinned between two seats for 3 hours non-stop.  Of course, there would be no crying, fussing, fighting, or begging during these three hours.  Just peace and quiet.

We left early in the morning, ate breakfast, and got to the airport in plenty of time.  We were a little concerned as to how we were going to get everything from point A to point B, so in walks Mark with his pack-frame fully loaded with carseats and strollers.  I just knew we would need two strollers and two carseats.  I just knew it!!!

Once on the plane, Liam fell asleep before we even had all wheels lifted-off.  It was so nice.  When we landed we gathered our things and headed for the hotel.

We woke bright and early every morning to ensure we got a good spot by the pool.  Ella swam like a fish and even went down to fetch diving rings.  I was super proud.  Liam on the other hand, just wanted to get in the "hot pool" and had nothing to do with the regular pool.  Once you took him to the hot tub, a big smile lit up his face.  It was so cute.

We saw dolphins, tigers, lions and more.  Ella and Liam both loved the Belagio fountains and she even asked to go back and see them a second time.  She was even part of a sidewalk magic show!!!

The whole trip ended with a less than convenient plane malfunction which landed us in Phoenix in 108 degree sun on a tarmac with warm air blowing from our overhead vents along with two tired children, with little-to-no patience.  After an hour of this, we then were ushered off our aircraft into the airport which allowed us to dry our sweaty bodies before boarding a different plane 3 hours later.  We finally landed at home and then got the pleasure of driving 1 hour home in 70 mph winds, driving rain, and hail.  Gotta love vacations!!!

All in all, we had a great time and Mark even said he could have stayed another day or two.

P.S.  we never used the carseats... oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment