Just like the rest of my life, I like to keep my cleaning supplies simple and minimal. I don’t use a wide variety of cleaners and I prefer to keep them as natural as possible. We have a kiddo with some respiratory issues, so using cleaners that release tons of unhealthy VOCs in the air is no bueno.
The reason I like to keep my cleaning supplies simple is so cleaning is simple and so I don’t have to find a place to store ten bottles of this and that. Without further ado… here are my supplies:
1. Thieves household cleaner– I love this stuff so much. I can’t even say how much I love this all-purpose cleaner. I use one capful of this cleaner + 16 oz of water and I go to town spraying and wiping. I also love that I can use it on all of my surfaces- counters, stainless, glass, windows, wood floors, toilets, etc. It makes cleaning a breeze because all I have to do is grab my spray, some rags, and tackle the house. OH! And it smells like Christmas. It smells soooo good.
The Thieves cleaner comes from Young Living. I get my amber colored spray bottles off of amazon.
2. Norwex Rags– Again, you can use any rags you want, but I prefer the Norwex rags. I use the regular ones for all of the surfaces- floors, walls, counters, toilets, and the “window/glass” rags to polish things or to clean windows and mirrors. I use multiple rags when I clean. I usually use a separate rag for each bathroom, a rag for cleaning/dusting our bedroom, dining room, living room, a different rag for the kitchen, and then a rag for the entire upstairs (the kids’ rooms). I really don’t like to take yuck from one place to another, so this helps me not do that.
3. Scrub Brush– You might need one of these for grout issues or to clean pesky corners. This isn’t something you should have to use every time you clean, but just a few times/year if you keep your house tidy in between.
4. Bona Mop/Microfiber swiffer set– I got a Bona mop/microfiber duster set years ago and have loved it ever since. The microfiber pad collects dust so well and the mop does a good job of scrubbing, too. You can grab it online or at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
5. Vacuum- I don’t have any recommendations for a vacuum. I use a Eureka and have for over a decade. I haven’t had any trouble and I still like it. You will use this to “dust” your baseboards, clean out cracks and sweep up couch crumbs. I vacuum once/week in our main level and probably 2/month in our upstairs. We don’t wear shoes in our home, so that helps keep the dirt at bay, and we don’t snack anywhere but the kitchen and living room.
I hope that was helpful! Next up… my DAILY CLEANING ROUTINE.