I’m back with another easy, healthy recipe. I have fallen in love with Smells Like Home blog. That is where this recipe is from.
My kids love these muffins and I even made some with chocolate chips instead of blueberries as a special treat.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh are highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl stir together applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Yields 12-15 muffins.