Baked Chicken Taquitos
These easy and delicious taquitos are quick to throw together and can be made ahead of time!
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 flour tortillas
Bake chicken and shred in a food processor or with forks.
Mix the chicken, cream cheese, salsa, spices, cilantro, shredded cheese, and lime juice thoroughly.
Fill tortillas with mixture and roll up tightly, laying on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brush the tops with oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Don't overfill the tortillas.
Broil after baking for a few minutes to create a crispier crust, but keep an eye on them!
Don't overcrowd the pan so that the side can crisp up, too.
If the tortillas are hard to roll, microwave them to soften them.
Serve with: sour cream, guacamole, and salsa!