How to Make a Dried Orange Garland
As my kids have gotten older, I’ve tried to found easy Christmas crafts for them to do during our long days inside. We have done cinnamon ornaments, essential oil play-doh, and orange garlands.
- Heat oven to 200-250 degrees
- slice oranges thinly (this is key to getting them to dry well)
- pat the oranges dry
- lay oranges on a cookie sheet without overlapping them (I like to put mine on a wire rack, but this isn’t mandatory)
- place the pan in the preheated oven
- flip oranges every hour
- bake for (around) 7 hours, depending on thickness of oranges and the oven
- leave on pan overnight
- determine how long you want your garland and cut the twine
- thread the needle
- pull the needle in one orange section and out another (this keeps the orange slices from sliding down the twine as it is hanging)
- put a drop of Cinnamon Bark EO on your fingers and run it down the twine and on the orange slices (don’t touch your eyes ;))
- knot the ends and hang it up!