These homemade pepperoni pizza rolls, filled with melty mozzarella cheese, are perfect for a quick meal or snack! These rolls are the perfect personal size and there’s delicious cheese and pepperoni in every bite.
This easy recipe only requires four simple ingredients from the grocery store and it comes together in just a few minutes!
Your entire family will enjoy it on game day, and it’s especially fun for a Super Bowl party menu!
These roll ups are also fun to eat on pizza night while you watch a movie with the kids.
Serve it with your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping!
Serve it as an appetizer along with other delicious appetizers such as my chicken quesadillas!
What are Pepperoni Pizza Rollups?
These pizza roll ups are filled with gooey cheese and yummy pepperoni slices, and are perfect to dip in a side of pizza sauce.
It will become a family favorite, because who doesn’t like pizza?
The great thing is that you can also add in other delicious favorite pizza toppings if you would like to personalize it!
Why You’ll Love Pepperoni Pizza Rollups?
- You can customize these pizza roll-ups to satisfy each individual’s tastes!
- It’s a versatile recipe because it can be served as the main dish, an appetizer for the big game, or as a quick snack.
- They are even delicious served at room temperature!
- It only requires a few minutes of prep time and the baking time is the perfect opportunity to prepare a big bowl of salad.
Tell Me About These Easy Pepperoni Rolls
- Taste– These roll-ups are a perfect blend of cheesy savory goodness!
- Texture– The bottom of these pepperoni roll ups should be slightly crispy, while delightfully tender inside.
- Ease– They are so easy that you can make a quick lunch, after-school snack, or easy appetizer in a matter of minutes!
- Time- Fifteen minutes is all that’s required to prep the pizza rolls, then 30 minutes to bake.
Ingredients for Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
- Refrigerated or Homemade Pizza Dough– The dough is what contains all of the delicious ingredients for the roll ups.
- Jar of Pizza Sauce– The sauce is spread on top of the rolled out pizza dough, and it is also used to dip your pizza rolls in after baking.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese- Pizza Roll ups would not be the same without melted mozzarella cheese!
- Pepperoni Slices– Most people love pepperoni pizza, and this will be no exception!
Make Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups in 3 Easy Steps
- Roll out pizza dough– Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/3″ thick.
- Layer ingredients– Add sauce, shredded cheese, and pepperoni slices and then roll it into a tight log that will be easily cut with a serrated knife into individual pizza roll slices.
- Bake and dip– Bake the pizza rolls on parchment paper or a greased baking sheet, and then dip the rolls into your sauce for extra deliciousness!
Add Ins for the Best Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
- Italian Sausage– Italian sausage adds a little extra zing to the flavor.
- Bell Peppers– Bell peppers can elevate any dish.
- Black Olives– Many people like black olives on their pizza.
- Parmesan Cheese– Parmesan cheese has a distinct flavor that tastes delicious on Italian food!
- Italian Seasoning– Italian seasoning gives the recipe an even more Italian flavor!
- Ground Beef– This can be substituted for the Italian sausage.
- Onions– Onions make everything taste even better.
Tips for Delicious Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- It is easier and quicker to use refrigerated pizza dough if you are in a hurry to make this recipe.
- It is much more fun and delicious to make homemade pepperoni pizza rolls than make a frozen pizza! There’s no comparison!
- It is cheaper to make pepperoni pizza rolls than it is to buy pizza from a restaurant.
- If you would like you can bake each individual pizza roll in a muffin tin, or just use a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- If you find that the pizza roll is difficult to cut, store it in the refrigerator until the dough gets firm. Then use the serrated knife to cut it into slices. This helps to keep the dough from falling apart.
How to Store Leftover Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
You can store leftover pizza roll ups by placing them in an airtight bag or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days.
How to Reheat Pizza Roll Ups
You can reheat the roll ups in the oven at 400 degrees until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make these roll ups several hours before baking. Just place them on the parchment paper or grease lined cookie sheet. Then cover them with aluminum foil or plastic wrap until you are ready for baking.
Yes they can! Freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container or a freezer bag. Then reheat them by baking them on a baking sheet.
Pepperoni Pizza Rollups Recipe
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 1 9 x 13 baking dish or baking sheet
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough, or homemade
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperonis
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Roll out your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll it to about 1/3 inch thick. You want it to bake through, so don't keep the dough too thick.
- Spread the pizza sauce all over the surface of the crust. Do a thin coating of sauce.
- Add a generous layer of shredded mozzarella cheese to the sauce.
- Top with pepperonis, or other toppings of your choice, and roll it tightly like cinnamon rolls.
- You want to roll it length-wise so you have a long log. Start at one long side and roll the pizza dough until you reach the other long end.
- Slice the pizza log into 1 inch slices and place in your prepared pan. I like to use a sharp serrated knife for this since it can be difficult to cut the pepperonis. Cut slowly and hold your dough log together with your free hand.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the rolls are cooked through.