There’s something about a bowl of my favorite easy creamy taco soup recipe during soup season. Made with a delicious homemade taco seasoning, this slow cooker creamy beef taco soup will become a family favorite.
Weeknight dinners are more comforting when a warm bowl of soup is served on a chilly evening.
This mouth-watering taco soup is fun when the whole family gets to choose their own favorite toppings!
It’s a great recipe to transport in the crockpot for church potlucks, Super Bowl games, or for a new mama who just had a baby!
What is Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup?
This cozy creamy taco soup is a delightful blend of ground beef, spices, beans, Rotel tomatoes, chicken broth, and beans.
Cream cheese makes the creamy broth an even more flavorful soup.
This crockpot soup is perfect for a variation on taco night!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a quick and easy recipe that you can start in the morning or early afternoon, and it’s ready by supper time.
- You can add any of your favorite taco toppings to customize it for each person’s tastes.
- You can use leftover taco meat to make this recipe very easy!
- If you want, you can use a packet of taco seasoning instead of individual spices from your spice cabinet.
Tell Me About Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup
- Taste– This delicious taco soup is a blend of savory and spicy.
- Texture– Creamy and a variety of textures describes this soup.
- Ease– After browning the ground beef, all you have to do is dump in the remaining ingredients and the crockpot does the work!
- Time- This recipe only requires 10 minutes of prep time and 6 hours of slow cooking.
Ingredients for Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup
- Ground Beef– The beef is the basis and main protein source in this meal.
- Chicken Broth– The chicken broth is the liquid part of this savory soup.
- Rotel– Rotel is a blend of green chilies and diced tomatoes.
- Black Beans– Chili wouldn’t be chili without the beans! Plus, they add extra protein to the dish!
- Corn– Corn is delicious in taco recipes.
- Chili Powder– Chili powder is mildly spicy.
- Garlic Powder– This spice is a stronger and savory ingredient used in many recipes.
- Onion Powder– Onion powder adds more savory flavor.
- Ground Cumin– Ground cumin has a warm and nutty flavor.
- Paprika– This is a red, slightly sweet, and peppery tasting spice.
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese is what makes this dish so delish and creamy!
- Salt and Black Pepper– Salt brings out the flavor of the other ingredients in the recipe and pepper adds excellent flavor.
Make Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup in 3 Easy Steps
- Add the meat and other ingredients to the crockpot– Add your brown ground beef to your slow cooker and dump in the rest of the ingredients.
- Add chicken broth and cook– Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add your toppings and enjoy– Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips.
Variations for Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup
- Onions– Instead of onion powder, use onions from your pantry.
- Rotisserie Chicken– You can substitute tender chicken for ground beef if you prefer. Or, you can use any other leftover chicken from your fridge.
- Chili Beans– You can substitute any other beans for the black beans.
- Kidney Beans– Use whatever beans you have in your pantry.
- Pinto Beans– Pinto beans have a milder flavor and are often used in chili recipes.
- Cayenne Pepper– For extra zing, you can use cayenne pepper instead of or in addition to paprika and chili powder.
- Ground Turkey– Ground turkey is a great substitute, although does not have quite as high of a protein content as ground beef.
- Heavy Cream– If you do not have cream cheese, just use heavy cream instead.
Tips for the Best Crockpot Taco Soup
- You can use a taco seasoning packet if you do not have all of the spice ingredients.
- This soup is even better the next day after all of the spices and flavors have blended together.
- Taco soup is so good served with cornbread and a side salad.
- Serve with shredded cheddar sprinkled on top and a dollop of sour cream.
- Corn chips are delicious with this taco soup!
Add-Ins for Crockpot Taco Soup
- Green Onion– Sprinkle green onion on top for the onion lovers in your family.
- Bell Pepper– Bell peppers add crunch and flavor to soup recipes.
- Lime Juice– Squeeze the juice from lime wedges into your recipe for added flavor.
- Fresh Cilantro– Cilantro is a nice garnish for a savory meal like this taco soup.
- Sliced Avocado– Top your soup with sliced avocado for extra taste and nutrition.
- Tomato sauce– You can add a can of tomato sauce to give your soup extra flavor.
- Ranch Dressing Mix– Ranch dressing is delicious in anything!
How to Store Leftover Taco Soup
Store your leftover taco soup in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
How to Reheat your Leftover Soup
Reheat your leftover soup in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes it can. Once it is completely cooled, place it in a freezer bag or an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Yes, it can. Just sauté the meat in some oil for 5-7 minutes. Then add the broth and the rest of the ingredients and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Then allow natural pressure release for about 5-7 minutes.
Creamy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
Crockpot Creamy Taco Soup
- 1 slow cooker,
- 2 pounds ground beef, browned and drained may use 1 pound, but we prefer 2
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Rotel, with juices
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, with juices
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese
- to taste salt and pepper
- Add your meat to your slow cooker and dump in the rotel, beans, corn, seasonings, and cream cheese.
- Pour the chicken broth over the ingredients and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chips.