There isn’t a sweet treat that is more classic than a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Maybe an apple pie???Either way, a chocolate chip cookie is pretty essential in any mama’s kitchen. I shared my recipe on Instagram a few weeks ago and there were several questions, so I decided to share a video and recipe here, so you all can print it and try it for yourselves.
I remember my mom’s chocolate chip cookies. They were huge and a crowd pleaser. We always had to take them to our family Christmas gathering because I had an uncle that always requested them. Needless to say, we never came home with any left.
I tried to create my mom’s amazing cookies, to no avail, for years. That’s when I decided that I needed to tweak the recipe so that it would work for me and I have finally found the perfect sauce. These cookies have a lovely, sweet flavor to them. They are crispy on the edges and soft, chewy in the middle. Basically, they are what chocolate chip cookie dreams are made of! I hope you try these and enjoy them as much as we do!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Let butter sit out for 1 hour; Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter + sugars
- Add eggs + vanilla and mix well
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Add flour mixture to the cream mixture and mix until JUST combined. Do not over mix!
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the mixture carefully
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just golden brown. Do not over bake.