Nothing says summer like a delicious Spritzer! Today, I’m sharing this simple recipe for a mint-berry spritzer. It is delicious and refreshing.
What is a Spritzer?
A spritzer is a bubbly drink that you can create with either a bubbly wine or bubbly water. I prefer to keep mine non-alcoholic with bubbly water. You can then add a simple syrup and flavoring with berries to the sparkling water to enhance the drink.
Spritzers are traditionally sweet and a quintessential summer drink.
Ingredients for a Spritzer
- Club Soda or other sparkling water
- Simple syrup- combination of water and sugar
- Berries- the options are endless!
- Garnish- I chose mint for this spritzer
- Ice- this summer drink needs the chill of the ice
What Berries are best for Spritzers
This recipe came from my enjoyment of sparkling water, fresh mint, and seasonal berries. You can choose whichever berry you prefer- blueberry, blackberry, strawberry. For today, I’m going to go with blackberries since our store had some beautiful blackberries in stock.
How to Make a Mint-Berry Spritzer
- Step one is to make a simple syrup. This is the base and creates the sweetness that one would expect in a spritzer. This is not necessary and I have made this before without the simple syrup, but it does add a sweet touch. You do this by mixing equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan and cooking it down until the sugar is dissolved into the water.
- Once that is done, add your berries and mint to the simple syrup in the bottom of a glass and crush the berries just a touch to release their juice into the simple syrup. How much simple syrup you use is up to you and your desired sweetness. I’d start with a tablespoon. You can always add more if needed.
- The last step is to pour in the ice and sparkling water. Enjoy!
This spritzer is a great drink to serve with friends, or even as a treat for the kiddos. They will feel ultra special and it elevates any summer afternoon!
Full Sprizer Recipe below
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 7 fresh blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, for simple syrup
- 1 cup water, for simple syrup
- 1 can unflavored sparkling water
- To make your simple syrup, combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until dissolved. Allow to cool before using in the spritzer.
- Add 2 TBSP of simple syrup to a glass
- Add the mint leaves and berries and gently crush to release juices and flavor.
- Pour sparkling water over with some ice and enjoy!