This healthy winter detox tea recipe is delicious as well as amazing for boosting your immune system. This is a must-have recipe for your daily winter rhythm.
Today, I’m sharing my winter detox tea recipe. I found this recipe through a friend several years ago and it has been in my winter immune boosting arsenal ever since.
Winter Detox Tea Benefits
When you have a tea filled with tons of healthy ingredients, it brings with it a lot of benefits, too. Here are the ingredients with the health benefits, but of course, do your own research to find even more:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)- detoxifies, helps with blood sugars, curbs sugar cravings
- Lemon Essential oil- energizes, immune supporting, great for skin
- Cinnamon- loaded with anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory
- Raw Honey- great for digestion, helps with sore throats, has antibacterial properties
Kick Sugar Cravings
While I tend to drink this detox tea during the winter to help boost my immune system, I also drink it if I’m having strong sugar cravings. Eating a lot of sugary, processed foods is typically what brings on my sugar cravings. This is usually something that happens around the holidays due to all of the yummy treats being served.
Since I don’t want to miss out on the enjoyment of good food, but I also don’t want to keep the sugar intake going after the good food is gone, I drink this tea to help get over the sugar-loaded hump, so to speak.
Check out this Video with a step-by-step tutorial:
Tips for making this Detox Tea:
- If possible, choose local raw honey. Raw honey is amazing, but LOCAL raw honey is even better. If you aren’t aware of the benefits of local honey, make sure to look them up. It’s amazing how nature works!
- Be sure to use high-quality essential oils. I only use Young Living, but if you choose a different brand, be certain that they are for consumption and 100% pure, therapeutic, organic oils. You don’t want to drink yucky oils. If you don’t have access to amazing oils, you may use some lemon juice. The benefits aren’t as good, but lemon juice is still a great option.
- Stir your tea as you drink it. The cinnamon tends to pool at the top or bottom of the cup. Stirring helps to keep it evenly dispersed and super yummy.
Tools you may need:
Tea Kettle– my exact one isn’t available, but this one is similar
Detox Tea- Immune Boosting Recipe
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother
- 1 drop Lemon Essential Oil high-quality, organic
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Hot Water to fill
- Add ingredients to the bottom of a tea cup. Pour hot water carefully over the ingredients and stir until combined. Enjoy!
Pin for Later:
Other posts you may like:
Thank you for hanging out with me and I hope you enjoy this Detox Tea Recipe as much as I have!