Comfort food is a huge part of autumn, but so is comfort dessert, in my opinion. Last month, I made this simple and amazing apple gallete, also known as an apple tart. I had everything I needed in my kitchen and the kids gobbled it up with joy. I gobbled a bit up myself, as well.
The best way to enjoy this is with homemade crust and whipped cream. If you need to know how to make those, give google a call. They are both so easy and not intimidating, so don’t be shy about making your own. If you don’t have any desire to make your own, then just grab a refrigerated crust from your store. Now, on to the recipe!
Easy Apple Tart
- 3 large baking apples (we use Honeycrisp)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup homemade whipping cream
- 1 refrigerated crust
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay your crust on the parchment.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples. Add to a bowl with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, unsalted butter, and salt. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of flour over the crust and layer apples in a circular pattern, leaving 2-3 inches from the edge to ensure you can fold the pastry over the side of the apples.
- Fold pastry over the edge of the apples. Brush crust with beaten egg. Sprinkle entire tart with sugar.
- Place tart in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the tart cool for a few minutes before serving. Add a dollop of cream and enjoy!