This easy crockpot beef and broccoli dish tastes like Chinese takeout, but a much healthier version! It will be a favorite dinner time recipe that the entire family will ask for again and again!
The best part is that all of the ingredients are easily found at your local grocery store and you have a simple meal to make on busy weeknights.
Chinese food is always a special, fun, and delicious meal to serve my whole family.
For best results, serve this broccoli beef over white rice or brown rice.
The next time you are wanting to check out your local Chinese restaurants, try this delicious slow cooker beef recipe.
What is Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli?
This broccoli crock pot recipe uses top sirloin steak and frozen broccoli with a delicious sauce that will make your mouth water!
It is one of our favorite asian dishes that we can enjoy on any night of the week because it is an easy dinner to make.
If slow cooking is something you enjoy, then this is a great recipe for you to try.
It is so good the next day as well!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a very easy recipe, as well as a tasty dish.
- It will satisfy all of the different taste buds in the family.
- There are easy set-by-step instructions so you can’t mess it up, even the first time you try it.
- Easy recipes like this require very little effort and it is the perfect dish to serve when you need a simple, yet filling meal.
- The best part of this recipe is that you have a quick 10 minute prep and then you just slow cook it for a few hours.
Tell Me About Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Taste– The friendly ingredients produce a flavor that is savory and salty.
- Texture– Various textures blend together for the perfect crunch and tender mouthful every bite.
- Ease– This recipe requires only a 10 minute prep time.
- Time– You can put the ingredients in the slow cooker 5 minutes before you want to eat and the end result is the best flavorful beef and broccoli with the perfect amount of tender crunch.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Sirloin Steak– The steak is the substance and protein of this meal!
- Beef Broth– Beef broth is necessary for the base of the cornstarch slurry.
- Soy Sauce– Soy sauce is a must in Asian cooking, adding a salty, yet sweet flavor to the sauce.
- Brown Sugar– This adds thickness and a sweet flavor to the sauce.
- Sesame Oil- This oil is used in Asian cooking because of its strong flavor.
- Garlic Powder– Garlic adds to the savory flavor of the meal.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is a thickening agent for the sauce.
- Water– Water helps to make the sauce more liquid and keeps it from getting too thick.
- Bag Frozen Broccoli– The broccoli adds flavor, color, and nutritious elements to the meal.
Make Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli in 4 Easy Steps
- Place ingredients in slow cooker– Add the broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, brown sugar, and steak to the crockpot.
- Cook– Cover and cook in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
- Make sauce– Make the slurry and pour into the slow cooker. Stir to thicken the sauce.
- Add broccoli and cook– Add the broccoli, cover, and cook on low for 1 hour before serving on top of rice.
Variations for Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Boneless Beef Chuck Roast– This cut of beef can be used instead of sirloin steak.
- Garlic Cloves– This is an option to use instead of garlic powder.
- Honey– Honey can be submitted for the brown sugar if you like.
- Cauliflower Rice– Cauliflower rice can be used instead of regular white or brown rice.
Tips for the Best Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- If you like your broccoli not as tender, add it to the crock pot the last 30 minutes to keep it crisp and not mushy.
- You do not need to brown the sirloin before adding it to the crock pot. However, if you decide to substitute with a beef chuck roast, you may want to brown it first in a frying pan. It helps give it a better flavor and tenderize the roast before cooking.
- Make sure you slice the sirloin into thin bite-sized pieces before cooking.
Add-Ins for Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Red pepper flakes– These are mildly spicy and have a sweet and earthy kind of taste.
- Oyster sauce– This sauce has a sweet and salty taste, and is not fishy tasting. It is perfect in the broccoli sauce for a more Asian flavoring.
- Sesame Seeds– The little white seeds add flavor and a bit of a crunch to this crock pot meal.
- Green peppers– Green peppers add flavor and a bit of a crunch that some people enjoy.
How to Store Leftover Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
How to Reheat Leftover Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Reheat your leftovers in either a microwavable dish in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.
Yes, it can. Use a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for 2-4 months. When you would like to heat it, it does not have to be thawed if it is not already cooked.
Yes, you can make it ahead and refrigerate for 2 days before cooking. Or you can cook it and then store in the refrigerator for 2-4 days and reheat in the microwave or stovetop. Just make sure it is completely cool before refrigerating.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- 1 slow cooker or crockpot
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, sliced in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 12 ounce bag frozen broccoli
- In a small bowl, whisk the beef broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and brown sugar together.
- Add the steak to the bottom of the crockpot. Pour the sauce over the meat. Stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours
- Once it has cooked for 4 hours, whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Pour it into the slow cooker and stir. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Add the broccoli to the slow cooker, as well. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Serve with white rice.