Delicious, flaky biscuits that are filled with crispy bacon, fluffy egg, and cheese… yes, please! This breakfast can be made ahead and enjoyed all week long making it the perfect breakfast for busy mornings.
This really is the ultimate breakfast sandwich and one that my kids request regularly.
I even have a kiddo that asks for them as his birthday supper, which says a lot!
There is something about the warm biscuit and gooey cheese combined with the crisp bacon that takes this sandwich up a notch.
I love how I can make these breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and have them tucked away in the refrigerator for my kids to grab and eat in the mornings.
It makes it so convenient for me as a mama when I’m trying to get my kids fed, dressed, and moving on with our busy school mornings.
Let me share with you how to create this breakfast sandwich in a snap!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- You can make this cheese biscuit sandwich ahead of time and keep the rest in an airtight container to enjoy the next morning.
- Prep once and enjoy all week.
- This recipe can be from scratch, using a tried and true homemade biscuit recipe, or you can use premade biscuits or even english muffins.
- There is a good amount of protein in this recipe to keep your stomach full all morning
- Kids love these biscuit sandwiches and will ask for them often.
- They are customizable to satisfy your entire family!
Tell me about this biscuit sandwich
- Texture- There is nothing better in the morning than a fluffy biscuit filled with scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar cheese. The softness of the biscuit and crunch of the bacon works so well together. Plus, the smell is out of this world.
- Flavor- Kids love the buttery biscuits paired with a slice of salty bacon and a fried egg to start off their morning.
- Ease- Once you have all of the ingredients ready, these sandwiches take no time to put together. They take even less time to enjoy in the morning.
- Time- This takes a bit of time to assemble, but what you invest up front you make up for in the long run.There are also ways to make this recipe quick and easy, if you aren’t wanting to use homemade biscuits.
Ingredients for this Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuit– You can make these homemade or do refrigerated biscuits. If you are in a pinch, grab some english muffins and opt out of making a from scratch biscuit recipe.
- Slice of cheese– Cheddar cheese is the flavor of choice for a breakfast sandwich, but you can use what you have on hand. American cheese, pepper jack cheese, or smoked gouda cheese would all taste incredible.
- Crispy Bacon– Add a single layer of crispy bacon to your sandwich to give a bit of crunch and saltiness. Be flexible and use what your family enjoys. Breakfast sausage and turkey bacon work just as well!
- Egg– You can use a scrambled egg or fried egg for your sandwiches. What does your family prefer and what is easiest for you?
Steps for making a good breakfast sandwich
- Start by making some easy homemade biscuit dough, rolling the dough out and cutting them with a biscuit cutter. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and baking them until golden brown on top.
- Line another cookie sheet with parchment paper and place bacon in a single layer. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Whisk large eggs and scramble them in a large frying pan and set aside until the biscuits and bacon are cooked.
- Assemble your sandwiches by splitting your biscuits in half. Layer on some eggs, bacon, a slice of cheese, and top with the top of the biscuit.
Tips for making Bacon Egg Cheese Biscuits
- To get tall biscuits, make sure you place them on the baking sheet touching so they grow up and not out.
- If you don’t have any biscuits, use some good toast instead!
- To increase the nutritional value of the sandwich, add sliced avocado.
- For a lunch meal, use your biscuits and add egg salad on top instead.
- If you want warm biscuits, wrap your individual sandwiches in aluminum foil and reheat in the oven.
- Lay the bacon flat on a paper towel after it is done cooking to soak up any residual grease.
- Use English muffins, frozen biscuits, or toast if you don’t have time for making your own biscuits.
The best way to make eggs for a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit
There are many ways you can make your eggs for this sandwich.
I have used several methods, including cracking a large egg into muffin tins and scraping them out.
That method led to a huge mess no matter how well I sprayed the tins.
The best way to make your eggs is by greasing a casserole dish with one tablespoon of butter.
Scramble your eggs in a large bowl and pour egg mixture into the casserole dish.
Bake the eggs at 350°F until the eggs are set up. Typically 25 minutes.
Then take your circular cookie cutter and cut your eggs into the perfect circles to fit your from scratch buttermilk biscuit.
A glass dish cleans up so much easier than a muffin tin and the eggs will be the perfect size for your biscuits!
Is a bacon egg and cheese biscuit healthy?
While a biscuit isn’t the healthiest choice you can make, these are full of good protein sources.
If you get your eggs and bacon from a local farmer, these can provide you with a lot of sustenance to get you through your morning.
Making homemade biscuits will always be better than using a premade option.
So, while there are some carbs involved, you can add lots of greens and veggies to increase their nutritional value!
Other breakfast recipes
- Easy Breakfast Quiche– Quiche is so simple and a delicious breakfast option.
- Overnight Oatmeal Bake– This is a favorite in our home.
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread– Adding sourdough to this incredible recipe makes it even better!
- Delicious Cinnamon Rolls– I’ve been making this recipe for years and it is still the best!
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit recipe
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit Recipe
- 1 9 x 13 baking dish
- 1 cookie sheet
- 8 3 inch homemade biscuits, or refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound bacon
- 12 large eggs
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake your biscuits according to recipe instructions.
- As your biscuits bake, prepare your eggs. Grease a casserole dish well with cooking spray or butter.
- Scramble a dozen eggs in a large mixing bowl and pour them into the prepared baking dish.
- Let the cooked biscuits cool and place your eggs in the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending upon how your oven cooks. As it cooks, move on to the bacon.
- Place the bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Lay the slices of bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet so they are close together, but not touching.
- After the biscuits and eggs are done baking, turn the temperature on your oven up to 425°F and place your bacon inside the oven. Set your kitchen timer for 25 minutes. Allow them to cook as the temperature comes up. Check your bacon periodically to make sure it isn't overcooking.
- Once your bacon is cooked, lay it on a layer of paper towels to soak up the grease.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut your eggs into circles to fit your biscuits. Use a small spatula to scoop them out.
- To make your sandwiches, slice the biscuits in half. Add a layer of egg, bacon, and then cheese. Top with the top of the biscuit. Enjoy!
- Bake Biscuits
- Bake Eggs
- Bake Bacon
- Assemble Sandwiches