Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Look no further than breakfast sliders. These miniature sandwiches are perfect for a quick and satisfying breakfast on the go. With endless possibilities for fillings, you can customize them to your liking and never get bored.
The beauty of breakfast sliders is their versatility and ease.
You can use any type of bread, from English muffins to biscuits, and any type of filling, from eggs and bacon to avocado and tomato.
They can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy breakfast, or assembled fresh in the morning.
Plus, their small size makes them perfect for portion control and for sharing with friends or family.
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, breakfast sliders are sure to satisfy.
From classic bacon, egg, and cheese to peanut butter and jelly, the options are endless.
What are Breakfast Sliders?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast option, breakfast sliders might be just what you need.
These individual sliders are perfect for people on the go who don’t have time for a sit-down breakfast.
They are also great for feeding a crowd at a brunch or breakfast gathering. You can either serve wrapped sliders for each individual. Or, you may place the sliders in a casserole dish and allow them to dish them out themselves!
Breakfast sliders are essentially small sandwiches made with slider buns. The buns are filled with breakfast ingredients like eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese.
The sliders can be made with a variety of different buns, but Hawaiian roll breakfast sliders are a popular choice because they add a touch of sweetness to the savory breakfast ingredients.
Cheese sliders are another popular variation of breakfast sliders. These sliders are filled with different cheese slices and other savory ingredients.
They are a great option for people who want to prep the night before and have an easy meal ready the next morning.
This breakfast sliders recipe is a great way to switch up your breakfast routine.
Making breakfast sliders is easy and customizable.
They are also a great option for meal prep, as you can make a batch ahead of time and reheat them throughout the week. Assemble them in a disposable foil pan for easy clean up.
Ingredients for Breakfast Sliders
To make delicious breakfast sliders, you’ll need a few key ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- King’s Hawaiian rolls: These sweet rolls are the perfect size for sliders and add a touch of sweetness to the dish.
- Deli ham: Thinly sliced deli ham is a classic breakfast ingredient that pairs well with eggs and cheese.
- Sliced cheddar cheese: You’ll want to use a good quality cheddar cheese for these sliders. It adds a rich, savory flavor to the dish.
- Eggs: Scrambled eggs are the star of these sliders. They’re creamy, fluffy, and packed with protein to keep you full all morning.
- Butter: Butter is used to toast the rolls and adds a delicious, buttery flavor to the dish.
- Maple syrup: A drizzle of maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness to the sliders and complements the flavors of the ham, cheese, and eggs.
By combining these simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and satisfying breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings or lazy weekends.
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
If you want to make delicious and easy breakfast sliders, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together your egg mixture. You can add salt, pepper, or any other seasonings you like.
- Cut your rolls in half, separating the top buns from the bottom buns.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish, and pour your egg mixture over them.
- Add your favorite breakfast ingredients on top of the egg mixture. This could include cooked bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, or any other toppings you like.
- Place the top buns back on top of the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
With these simple steps, you can make delicious breakfast sliders that are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Making breakfast sliders can be a fun and easy way to start your mornings, especially when you’re in a rush. Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of your breakfast sliders:
- Use pre-cooked ingredients: To save time, consider using pre-cooked ingredients such as pre-cooked bacon or sausage patties. This will help you assemble your sliders faster and with less hassle.
- Toast your buns: Toasting your buns will add a nice crunch to your sliders and prevent them from getting soggy. You can toast them in a toaster or on a skillet with a little bit of butter.
- Don’t overfill your sliders: It’s important to not overfill your sliders as this can make them difficult to eat and messy. Stick to one or two ingredients per slider and keep the portions small.
- Use a muffin tin: Using a muffin tin can help you assemble your sliders more easily and keep them in place while baking. Simply place your buns in the muffin tin, add your ingredients, and bake.
- Experiment with different fillings: Breakfast sliders are a great way to experiment with different fillings. Try using different types of cheese, meat, vegetables, and sauces to create your perfect breakfast slider.
- Make ahead for busy mornings: Breakfast sliders can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for busy mornings. Simply reheat in the microwave or oven for a quick and easy breakfast.
What to serve with Breakfast Sliders
- Individual sliders: These sliders are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Simply wrap them in foil or parchment paper and take them with you to enjoy on your commute or at your desk.
- Fresh fruit: Pair your sliders with some fresh fruit for a balanced breakfast. Sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries all make great options.
- Brunch party: If you’re hosting a brunch party, these sliders are sure to be a hit. Set up a slider bar with all the fixings and let your guests assemble their own breakfast sandwiches.
- Favorite breakfast recipes: These sliders are versatile and can be customized to suit your tastes. Try adding bacon, avocado, or a fried egg to mix things up.
Variations on Breakfast Sliders
If you’re looking to switch up your breakfast slider game, there are plenty of delicious variations to try. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Breakfast Sausage Sliders
For a classic breakfast taste, try using breakfast sausage patties in your sliders. You can cook them up fresh or use pre-cooked patties for convenience. Top with a slice of cheese and a fried egg for a hearty breakfast sandwich.
Poppy Seed Bagel Sliders
Swap out your regular slider buns for mini poppy seed bagels for a fun twist. Spread cream cheese on the bagels and top with smoked salmon and a slice of red onion for a savory breakfast treat.
Bagel Seasoning Sliders
Another way to switch up your slider buns is to sprinkle them with everything bagel seasoning before baking. Fill with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and your favorite cheese for a delicious breakfast sandwich.
Crispy Bacon Sliders
If you’re a bacon lover, try using crispy bacon in your breakfast sliders. Add a slice of tomato and some avocado for a fresh twist on the classic bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.
Different Cheeses Sliders
Experiment with different cheeses in your sliders for a variety of flavors. Try cheddar, Swiss, pepper jack, or even brie for a fancy breakfast treat. Add some arugula or spinach for some extra greens.
Storing and Reheating
Once you’ve made your delicious breakfast sliders, you may find that you have some leftovers. Don’t worry, these can be easily stored and eaten later.
To store your leftover breakfast sliders, wrap them in a paper towel and place them in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can also place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for later use.
When you’re ready to reheat your breakfast sliders, there are a few different methods you can use. One option is to microwave them for 30-60 seconds, or until they are heated through.
Another option is to place them in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, or until they are heated through and the cheese is melted.
It’s important to note that if you are reheating frozen breakfast sliders, you should thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before reheating them. This will ensure that they heat up evenly and don’t become overcooked.
Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Slider Recipe
- 1 9 x 13 baking dish
- 2 packages 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 pound deli ham
- 1 dozen eggs, soft scramble
- 6 slices American cheese
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 with non-stick spray or coat with butter.
- With a serrated knife, slice your rolls in half, horizontally.
- Place the bottom half of your rolls in your pan.
- Layer onto the rolls ham, soft scrambled eggs, and cheese. Top with the top of the rolls.
- Whisk the butter and maple syrup together and pour over the rolls.
- Bake for 25 in a preheated oven. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy.