There’s not much that tastes better in August than a sweet, delicious, homemade peach crisp. It’s like an ode to the passing summer season and a big ol’ welcome to the upcoming autumn season. Even better… is it is so easy and quick to whip up! You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.
I made this for dessert one evening when it had stormed all day long and the house felt like fall. We had our beeswax candles lit and baking seemed like the right thing to do. I even whipped up some fresh whipped cream (I shared it in the recipe) to garnish the top and make it feel extra special.
Since it was received well by every member in my family, I decided it was well worth sharing with you all. I imagine it could easily be replicated with fresh fall apples and be just as delicious.
August Peach Crisp
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches (skin left on)
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice peaches and arrange in a pie dish.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor until mixture is crumbly. Use can also use a pastry cutter if you don't have a food processor.
- Fold oats in with the mixture.
- Press flour mixture on top of the peaches.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned.
Fresh Whipped Cream
- If you'd like to have fresh whipping cream, grab a container of heavy whipping cream, plus a couple TBSP of powdered sugar and whisk with an electrical hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.