This easy DIY dried orange ornament tutorial is both beautiful and inexpensive. Whether you are an experienced DIYer or a beginner, I will show you how to make dried orange ornaments because they will add so much charm and simple beauty to your Christmas decor.
I’ve been busy getting our home decked for the upcoming holidays and it has been especially sweet this year. Things are slowly finding their places and I felt like it was time to do our yearly DIY- dried orange ornaments. I have made dried orange garlands for several years and I decided to mix it up and add the oranges to the tree this year.
One thing I love about this easy DIY is that it doesn’t break the bank. I like to make sure my decor has some longevity because I can’t keep rebuying things over and over again, but this simple DIY project marries simplicity and frugality and I love it.
Why make these easy DIY dried orange ornaments?
- They are a great beginners DIY because you really can’t mess them up. Even if you over dry them, they still have a charm to them.
- They are a great project for kids. I usually do the slicing and drying, but then my kids take over and string them. This year, they will attach the ornament hook so we can hang them.
- They are inexpensive. I love a quick, cheap project that offers oodles of style and beauty.
- Bring in the natural. These dried orange ornaments add some natural beauty to soften all of the faux happening. Plus, they look like mini stained glass ornaments.
What will you need?
- Parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Sliced oranges
- Ornament hooks- you can also use twine, ribbon, or wire to hang your ornaments
Watch my Dried Orange Ornament tutorial
Steps to Make Dried Oranges
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Slice oranges thin (another tip is to use grapefruits, lemons, limes, etc. to have different colors)
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 3-4 hours- be sure to flip oranges every 30 minutes to make sure they dry evenly. If you forget this step, it’s okay, they will still be fine.
More Christmas DIYs
Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments (we still hang these on our tree… I love them!)
DIY Dried Orange Ornaments
- 6 oranges
- ornament hooks
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Thinly slice oranges
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 3-4 hoursFlip every 30 minutes to make sure they dry evenly
- Place hook or twine in each slice once dried and hang on tree
Pin for Later:
Thank you for joining me for this easy DIY. Let me know if you make these dried orange ornaments for your tree!