I used to use whatever makeup and skincare was popular when I was younger, but as I’ve gotten older, I have become more aware of the ingredient list for the products I use. I think many people can relate to this as there has been a big push for clean skincare in the last ten years. Today, I’m sharing a great skincare company that has everything a mom and homemaker could want, Dime Beauty.
Makeup and skincare has been an interest of mine for as long as I can remember. I used to go to the makeup counter when I was young and ask for samples so I could feel like a big girl.
While my love for those things still runs strong, my desire to find those items at good prices and with good ingredients has taken precedent over what is simply “popular”. Not only is my research benefiting me, but it will one day benefit my daughters as they begin to dabble in makeup and skincare.
At this point in my life, I’m looking for skincare that helps my skin to hold back the hands of time while keeping my skin free of yucky chemicals. I also want makeup that is natural and long lasting, kind of like when I went on the hunt for the perfect non-toxic perfume company.
Today, I’m sharing a few products from a new company that I recently discovered. I heard about Dime Beauty and I wanted to give it a try. I’ve always loved trying new beauty products, so why not?
I bought several products to do a trial run and I love them. I wanted to share them with you so you could try a few products if you are in the market!
What is Dime Beauty
Dime Beauty is a beauty company created by a master esthetician who wanted to create a product line that included amazing, and affordable, products for women of all ages.
Dime beauty is also a clean makeup company which means:
- Vegan and Cruelty Free
- Sustainable packaging
- Green rating on EWG Skin Deep database
- No Parabens
- No Formaldehyde
- No Sulfates
- and more
When looking for skincare, it’s important for you to find a regime that is clean and effective because without the proper skincare makeup never looks good, no matter what you use. Skincare creates a clean and healthy palette for the makeup to sit on.
It is fine to mix and match makeup, but skincare is a different story. Find a brand you love and stick with their whole regime. Why? Because companies create their skincare lines to work together. If you mix and match skincare, you might miss out on ingredients your skin needs because different companies create their products differently.
As I’m working through my old skincare, I’m slowly adding in Dime skin care until I can have Dime’s complete skincare line. So far, this is what I’m using and loving:
Dime Skin Care – Dewy Day Cream
Dime’s Dewy Day Cream is a great daytime moisturizer that creates a supple skin layer to hold on your makeup. It is not greasy, but gives a soft glow to the skin while having a “high safety” score on the EWG database.
Dime Skin Care – Restorative Night Cream
This Restorative Night Cream does an amazing job at giving your skin the moisture it needs to rejuvenate and rehydrate for the day ahead. It uses ceremide to help lock moisture into your skin without causing irritation. This is a great moisturizing set for women of any age.
Any skin type and any age group can benefit from these serums. Whether you have aging skin, oily skin, or dry skin these serums will give your skin exactly what it needs. I use 3 drops daily on my skin prior to moisturizers.
- Hyperglow– This serum has amazing antioxidant benefits which fight against aging and the free radicals that are found in our environment. It also brightens and tightens. You can use this twice a day, but I prefer using this in the morning prior to my Dewy Day Cream.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum– This serum will plump your skin and give amazing hydration. I use this at night prior to my night cream.
Dime Eyelash Serum
The Dime Eyelash Serum is a major beauty must-have for me. I have always had long lashes, but as I’ve aged I’ve noticed that my lashes have seemed to thin.
I have seen so many lash serums on the market that have toxic ingredients in them (some even have the ability to change your eye color and discolor your skin where you apply the serum), so I felt like for the longest time it was a lost cause.
Lash extensions and falsies are also a big thing, but I want my lashes to simply be healthy, thick, and long on their own. Dime’s eyelash serum was the first Dime product I purchased in hopes that it would give me the results that I was wanting.
I have used Dime’s lash serum for several months now and I can tell that my lashes are healthy and long. I have new growth and I’m no longer seeing so many lashes fall out. I would highly recommend this serum if you’re looking for a clean product to help accentuate your natural lashes.
You will swipe this lash serum on daily to create those long, thick lashes you’re wanting. These won’t be ‘fake” looking lashes, instead they will be enhanced and look natural.
Not only have I used Dime’s lash serum to help my eyelashes, but I’ve used it to help my eyebrows grow back from decades of over-tweezing them. The late 90’s and early 2000’s did very little for my eyebrow game. I waxed them into a thin line and now I’m having to grow them back out, which has proven to be a bit difficult.
Dime’s eyelash serum has helped to stimulate growth for my eyebrows and eyelashes. It is nice to have a clean product that is effective.
Dime Beauty Skincare Routine
Morning Skincare Routine
- Gently wash face with warm water and a clean wash rag
- Pat dry and apply Dime’s Hyperglow serum- allow the serum to soak into the skin
- Apply a pump of Dime’s Dewy Daycream and massage in an upward motion
Evening Skincare Routine
- Wash face with a charcoal bar soap
- Gently pat dry and apply Dime’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum– I use 3 drops
- Apply a pump of Dime’s Restorative Night Cream
Dime Skincare to buy
There are several products that are on the “future buying” list. As mentioned before, using a complete set of skincare is the best policy when it comes to giving your skin the best chance at being clear and healthy.
The moisturizers and serums were the first items on the list, but there are a few more skin care products that are needed to round out a good regimine.
- Gentle Jelly Cleanser– This jelly cleanser cleans the skin, helps with pore size, and won’t overdry your skin and make it feel tight and parched. The skin will have a soft, supple feel.
- Super Skin Toner– Toners are an under-appreciated part of the skin care routine. I even disregard it at times, but toners balance the skin pH levels, help tighten the skin, and reduce pore size.
- Luminosity Eye Serum– Eyes are the first part of the face to show age. The skin is thin and drooping around the eye happens in the late 30’s or early 40’s. Having a high-quality eye product to protect and slow that aging process is important.